Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got the idea from http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=449535 but this makes a light soft loaf that fills a 1 1/2 lb. loaf pan. Note: The rapid bake cycle on my bread machine is approx. 2 hours long. I have noticed that some bread machines have a super rapid cycle of approx. 1 hour. I doubt this recipe would work on a super rapid cycle.
- 2⁄3 cup water, luke warm
- 1 tablespoon non-fat powdered milk, plus
- 1 teaspoon non-fat powdered milk, stirred into water
- 1 egg, stirred into water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, plus
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon fast rising yeast, plus
- 1 teaspoon fast rising yeast
- Simply put add ingredients in order shown and start on the rapid setting, light crust.
I made this as a loaf instead of my usual buns. It is indeed a soft and light bread, in fact, it's lighter in texture than I really prefer, I wanted to try a slice still warm (gotta love warm bread) and it squished more than sliced. That might not be the case if it was allowed to fully cool before cutting. The taste is delicious. Made for PAC, Spring 2014.