Recipe by janem123
This recipe was in a book that came with my old Black and Decker bread machine.
Top Review by cm2530
This is a good, pleasant bread. Light and tasty and would be especially good for breakfast as French toast. That said, I was a bit disappointed, perhaps because I was expecting something with a bit more kick. This is tasty but mild, and I was hoping for something more distinctive, and I think that much the same effect could be achieved by spreading a cinnamon-ginger butter on regular white bread, or flavoring a French toast batter. It's a very nice bread, but forgettable.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄3 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow instructions for your bread machine.
- My machine instructs to measure ingredients in the order listed into the baking pan. (I combine the milk and egg and microwave on high for about 30 seconds before adding to the pan.).
- Insert baking pan into machine and secure pan.
- Select rapid bake setting for a 2 pound loaf.
- When cycle ends, I put the loaf into a large zup lock bag, seal the bag, and place on wire rack to cool completely before slicing.