Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is in the book with the book that came with my old Black and Decker bread machine.
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Follow directions for your bread machine.
- Instructions for my machine are: Add all ingredients to the baking pan in the order listed. (I mix the water and powdered milk and microwave them on high for 30 seconds before puting in the pan).
- Insert the baking pan into the oven chamber and secure pan.
- Select rapid bake setting and 2-pound loaf.
- Turn on machine.
- When cycle is complete, I put the loaf into a large zip lock bag, seal the bag, and put it on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
After finding this recipe I am throwing away the book that came with the machine! This bread is fantastic!
LOVED this bread! I changed my loaf size to 1.5lbs and followed directions as stated. Turned out fantastic!! It was so soft and delicious with butter that we ate the entire loaf with one meal, I had to make this recipe again this next day to enjoy more of this bread! Why would anyone make bread on the regular setting if you can make it faster on the Rapid setting and still have the bread turn out amazingly??
OMG this is the best bread I have ever eaten ! I love it . Great recipe ever . THANKS !!!