Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Rao's Restaurant in New York. Cook time is approximate. Cook chicken till juices run clear.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fryer chickens, cut in 1/2
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 -7 cloves garlic (smash & chop)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh oregano
- Broil chicken, skin side down, then turn to char skin.
- Cool chicken.
- Cut into pieces.
- Arrange in pan- skin side down.
- Pour marinade on top.
- Broil 3 minutes.
- Turn, cook 1 minute.
- Arrange on serving platter& pour juices all over.
This was simple, fast and good. I used 1 c. lemon juice and 1/2 c. olive oil, but used the other ingredients as directed. Good flavor. Thanks for posting.