1/1 Photo of Ranger Cookies - South Beach
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I got this recipe from The South Beach Diet Parties & Holidays Cookbook. Make Ahead: Cookies can be made 1 day ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup 100% all-bran cereal
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup trans fat-free margarine
- 1/4 cup granular sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1Heat oven to 375. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment.
- 2Place pecans on another baking sheet and bake until fragrant and lightly toasted, 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool briefly. Pulse cooled pecans, bran cereal, oats, chocolate chips, and coconut in a blender or food processor until coarsely ground.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at high speed, beat margarine, sugar substitute, egg, and vanilla until creamy. With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and beat until incorporated. Stir in pecan mixture.
- 4Drop well rounded tablespoons of batter 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until tops of cookies appear dry and bottoms are golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranger Cookies - South Beach
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 52.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g