Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A moist chewy cookie. When people hear that there's coconut in this cookie they usually turn up their noses but if you don't tell them it's in there they'll never know. It adds flavor but it doesn't make the cookies taste coconuty. I like to grind the coconut up a little bit in a food processor before adding it to the dough.
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml butter
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 473.18 ml flour
- 473.18 ml oatmeal (I use the quick oats.)
- 473.18 ml Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add soda, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and coconut; mix well.
- Add flour and oatmeal and mix well.
- Stir in Rice Krispies.
- Drop by spoonfuls on to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- These cookies have a tendency to become tough and chewy if you overbake them. If that happens, place then inside a sealed container with a slice of bread. By the next day the cookies will be nice and soft.
Awesome cookies. They are not overly sweet I used old fashion rolled oats and they turned out great. I used a medium cookie scoop and got 43 cookies which baked up in 10 minutes at 350. Thanks for sharing this recipe, one I will be making again. Made for PAC fall 08.