Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
My take on the deli's yummy sandwich. It was a winner! It's a sandwich with olive salad (almost like a muffaletta). So yummy!
- 6 sandwich buns
- 1⁄2 lb sliced ham
- 1⁄2 lb sliced salami
- 6 slices muenster cheese
- mustard and mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) jarpitted green olives, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- For the olive salad: Place the black olives, green olives, artichoke hearts with their juice, and onion into a food processor. Pour in the vinegar and olive oil, and season with garlic, celery seed, oregano, basil and black pepper. Cover, and process until finely chopped. Use as a condiment on sandwiches, or a dip for crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Assemble sandwiches using ingredients and then slather on olive salad.