Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend Randy came up with this drink, and I have no idea why he calls it that. I’ll have to ask him… :) It’s as delicious as it is fun to make and drink! This works really well for having along at a campout, where everybody will be sitting around eating, talking, and drinking in a circle. Use whatever fruit you like, but try to include something like watermelon that releases juice easily.
- Clean all the fruit, cut the ones in half that are indicated above, and cube the others.
- Find a very large pitcher with closeable top - one of those plastic ones like Tupperware are good. If your pitcher top has a strainer opening, that’s even better.
- Place the ice cubes in the bottom of the pitcher, then the alcohol and fruit ingredients. Add additional ice cubes or crushed ice to the top, but leave a little room so that the ingredients can move around.
- Tightly close the pitcher so that no liquid will escape.
- Get all your friends together around the campfire, along with their snacks and drinks. Talk of good times, past, present, and future.
- While you do, pass the closed pitcher around. Have everybody shake the Yuckaduck a few times, shake it well! The shaking is fun, and it releases the juices from the fruit and mixes it all together.
- When there’s a good amount of juice and alcohol mixed, pour the Yuckaduck and enjoy! You can add more ingredients to keep it going.
- Other fruit you can use: raspberries, pineapple, grapes (cut in half), pears, mango, kiwi, etc.