Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is by and far the best sauce I have ever eaten. My husband finally gave me his recipe and allowed me to take over the task of making it. The longer you simmer this, the more the flavors will blend. It is a nice chunky sauce. Don't cut back on the salt amount...it really is 5 tsps. If you like your green peppers and onion with a little crunch, no need to cook until they are soft. I usually make the sauce around lunch time and keep in the crockpot until supper time.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped chunky
- 2 green peppers, chopped chunky
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- Mix ground beef, onions, peppers, and garlic in large pot and brown.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Return meat mixture back to pot and add the remaining ingredients.
- Heat until just hot and remove from heat.
- Transfer the sauce to a crock pot and put on low heat until you are ready to use it.