2nd Cook's Note:
These are great hot dogs, they puff up to 3 times the original size at first, let them rest and they drop to double. They are never dried out and retain all the rich flavour of the hot dog, thanks to the pressure cooker. You have to try these, they will take you back to your first ball game hot dog. Put your favotite topping on them and you are set to go. The secret is the pressure cooker not allowing the natural flavor to leave or dry out... we love them.... Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put Butter or oil in Pressure cooker on medium heat and brown onion.
- 2Take onion out and put into loosely wrapped tin foil bowl, at this time I like to sprinkle the onion with the garlic powder and seasoning salt and mix (just my preference, but adds flavor.).
- 3Add tibet and pan to pressure cooker with 1-12 cups of water and turn heat to high.
- 4With a sharp knife put 1/8" deep max. slices (length wise) in the hot dogs, around the hot dogs, about 1/4" apart on all the hot dogs.
- 5At this point you can prinkle what ever spices you prefer on the dog, ( I leave plain and rely on the onion and topping for spice).
- 6Place the hot dogs, and loosley open wrapped seasoned onions on the pan, close cooker and bring to 10lb. pressure. (if using 15 lb. reduce time to 6 minute aproximatly.).
- 7Cook between 6 to10 minute (depending on how many hot dogs and pressure setting.) This sounds like a long time, but they turn out great.
- 8Use the cold water cooling to reduce pressure.
- 9The hot dogs will be 2 to 3 times the original size, this is good.
- 10Remove hot dogs and onions from cooker, put dogs on a plate and cover with tin foil and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minute Close foil on onions to keep warm.
- 11Mean while brown or steam buns as you like, add onions from tin foil and what ever condiments you want -- mustard -- ketchup -- etc. to bun. (I microwave buns with 1/2 cheese slice on each side for 20 sec.) and add toppings and onion.
- 12Add hot dog and enjoy the ball game -- .
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Randy's Presure Cooker " Ball Park Dogs "
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.5
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 823.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: