Recipe by Ackman
It doesn't get much better or tastier than this!!! A great comfort meal for these cold winter days. The flavor of the meat will combine with the veggies & make them very tasty. NO SALT is needed due to the corned beef brisket. I use my 12 inch cast iron covered skillet for this, but you can use whatever you have, just as long as you tightly cover it...aluminum foil will work fine.
- 3 -4 lbs corned beef brisket (your favorite brand)
- 1 large onion, sliced thick
- 1 medium green cabbage, sliced thick
- 1 lb baby carrots
- black pepper, coarse ground (I use LAWRY'S Seasoned Pepper)
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Peel, slice, clean & wash the veggies.
- Randomly scatter the veggies on the bottom of the pan.
- These act as a cooking rack, so DO NOT BREAK UP THE ONION or CABBAGE.
- Add the water, then sprinkle desired amount of black pepper on the veggies.
- Place the corned beef brisket FAT SIDE UP on top of the veggies.
- Sprinkle the pickling spice on top of the brisket & firmly press into the fat.
- Cover tightly & place in oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes per pound.
- Remove from oven & let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- PLEASE NOTE: Most corned beef brisket come with a small seasoning packet. I prefer to use a good pickling spice instead, such as PENZEYS, but that's up to you.