Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came together through trial and error and looking at other scone recipes to see what works.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- spices (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, etc.)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into little bits
- 1 1⁄3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices, sugar and wheat germ.
- Add butter and blend until it resembles coarse meal.
- Mix in oats, raisins, milk and vanilla, blend until it forms a slightly sticky dough.
- Seperate dough into about seven 4oz balls.
- Flatten these balls to about 1" thick and place them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve slightly warm or can be frozen.