Recipe by RandyB1961
This delicious Southern Grilled Cheese sandwich is the ultimate comfort food; creamy, cheesy and full of wonderful flavors. It's also quick and easy to make.
Top Review by rickoholic83
I'm a sucker for grilled cheese. In fact, I adopted one of my Spring '08 PAC babies BECAUSE she had 2 recipes for grilled cheese! :) Randy, your recipe is great! I loved the mayo and hot sauce addition and it made for a yummy, gooey sandwich. Thanks for sharing! **Made for Spring PAC '09**
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces diced pimentos
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- Spread 1/2 cup of cheese mixture on 1 side of 4 slices of the Pumpernickel.
- Top each with 2-3 slices of tomato.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- In non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of each sandwich in a small amount of butter.