Recipe by Ackman
I got tired of trying different "store bought" BBQ sauces. They're either too thin or have too much vinegar. This will thicken when cooled.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle chili sauce (or ketchup)
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (TRAPPEY'S Louisiana Hot Sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons horseradish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a med. saucepan, sauté the onion & garlic in 2 T. olive oil until lightly brown.
- Add remaining ingredients & bring to a boil, over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- -- use on ribs or chicken -- refrigerate any leftover sauce.