Randy's Cranberry Buttermilk Oat Muffins
- Soak dried cranberries in 1/2 cup water overnight. Soak oats in 1 cup buttermilk overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375F (gas mark 5, 190C).
- Stir brown sugar, oil, and eggs into the soaked buttermilk and oats mixture
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until moistened and let stand while preparing the tin. We use a pop-over tin and this makes 6 muffins, but a regular muffin pan can be used if you adjust the cooking time. Lightly spray or oil the tin. Fill the cups to the brim. Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until browned and firm or they pass the toothpick test). Let cool slightly after removing from the tin.