Here in WI where beer is KING, we love our fish dipped in beer batter & deep fried to a golden brown! You can also use this for deep-fried "WI Cheese Curds*, Onion Rings or whatever your little heart desires! .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1FOR BEST RESULTS: A couple hours before making the batter, open the can/bottle of beer & let set open at room temperature.
- 2Fill your deep fryer to the recommended amount w/ canola oil.
- 3Turn the the the fryer on to 350° to 375°.
- 4If need be, cut the fish into 2 inch pieces.
- 5Rinse the fish in cold water & pat dry with paper towel.
- 6Place the 1/2 cup flour & the cornstrach in a zip-lock type bag.
- 7Add the fish to the bag & toss until all the fish is well coated -- set aside.
- 8Sift together all the remaining dry ingredients,.
- 9Stir in the beer until you have a smooth, thin batter -- when coatig the fish, you should be able to just barely see the fish throught the batter.
- 10Dip the fish into the batter & carefully place into pre-heated deep fryer -- fry 3-4 pieces at a time, depending on the size of your fryer.
- 11Fry for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- 12Drain on paper towels.
- 13Serve w/ your favorite sauce &/or lemon juice.
- 15HINT: If frying cheese curds, freeze the curds for AT LEAST an hour before frying & the fry for only 1-2 minutes -- watch carefully so not to overcook!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Randy's Beer Batter
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 129.9 mg
- Sodium 1333.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 61.0 g