Recipe by zeldaz51
Use this as a finishing sauce and glaze for barbecued meats, not as a marinade. Cheap balsamic is just fine for this. A cup of the glaze will cover a full rack of ribs.
- 2 1⁄2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 12 ounces hard alcoholic cider (A dry one)
- 1⁄2 cup agave syrup
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup prepared Dijon mustard or 1⁄4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil on medium-low heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently until thick. Check it frequently, as it can bubble up and overflow or even scorch. Thickening may take a couple of hours.
- Apply the glaze during the final five minutes of grilling ribs or chicken thighs.