Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is easy to make,filling and fairly low cal. recipe for a bean burrito. You can add beef or what ever else you like, but all adds calories. Hope you enjoy.
- 396.89 g can low-fat refried beans (old elpaso)
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese
- 59.16 ml salsa (your choice mild or hot)
- 4 whole grain tortillas
- Put everthing in a small pot and simmer, mixing until warm and cheese is fully melted.
- Separate bean mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Place 1 portion per tortilla.
- Roll Tortilla half way, then fold both ends in to form sealed tube, continue to roll and put center seam side down when completed.
- Reheat in the microwave utill hot and eat as is, adding hot sauce as you eat.You can also bake in oven topped with your favorite sauce and cheese.
- These also freeze very well for a quick meal.
Very good! Loved the twist of using mozzerella cheese - it worked nicely. I used the option of baking with sauce - used Mesa Red Sauce - and a little extra cheese on top. Yum! Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '11.
I love bean and cheese burritos and this recipe didn't disappoint. I'd never used mozzarella on them before and was pleasantly surprised with the taste. I added some chopped onion and used homemade flour tortillas. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.