Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made these chewy-crunchy "granola" bars when our fridge and freezer died and I had a LOT of stuff to use up in a hurry! They're packed with goodness, from whole grains to Omega rich flax and figs (that are a great source of calcium!).
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup spelt, flakes
- 1 cup kamut, flakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 dried figs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup whole flax seed
- 1⁄4 cup ground pumpkin seeds (I used my coffee grinder)
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8" pan
- Beat together apple butter, almond milk, pineapple juice, golden syrup, molasses, and vanilla.
- Stir in spelt and Kamut flakes, oats, oat flour, baking powder, and ground flax until blended.
- Fold in figs, whole flaxseed, ground pumpkin seeds and raisins.
- Press into the pan and bake 25 minutes Cool before cutting.