Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This is a family favorite in my household and came about when I decided to make a pizza, with none of the typical "pizza" ingredients in the house. I have tweeked it a bit to amp up the ranch flavors. I use spelt flour in my house for all of my cooking and baking, because of allergies and also because I find that it has more flavor. The humus was a happy surprise, with no sauces in sight but the staple in our house worked famously and everyone loved it! My hummus recipe is super simple and a bit unusual, but store bought would work just as well here! I have used Daiya shredded cheese and Parmesan, which is a wonderfull flavorful vegan cheese but any type of shredded cheese would work here. I urge to try Daiya though, it may just surprise you! This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for that matter, to feed a larger family or for entertaining. Enjoy!!
- 591.47 ml spelt flour, plus
- 59.14 ml spelt flour
- 29.58 ml honey
- 9.85 ml fast rise yeast
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 177.44 ml water, warm
- 118.29 ml light cream cheese, softened
- 44.37 ml Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2.46 ml black pepper, fresh ground (optional)
- 538.64 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 59.14 ml light creamy peanut butter
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 473.18 ml spinach
- 226.79 g chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 59.14 ml roasted red pepper, sliced
- 591.47 ml daiya cheese, shredded or 591.47 ml other cheese
- 59.14 ml daiya parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
- 14.79 ml cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Hummus: Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add more lemon juice or peanut butter to taste. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuffing: Place the softened cream cheese in a small bowl. Add the ranch seasoning and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Crust: Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until a soft ball forms. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky. Turn out onto a floured board and knead for 5 minutes. Roll the dough out to approximately 12" (or two inches more than the pizza pan you will be using). Spray the pizza pan with cooking spray and place the crust over, letting the edges hang over the pan. Using a spoon, spread a thick layer of the cream cheese stuffing along the outer edge of the pan, and no more than 1/2" thick. With your finger, run a line of water beside the stufing mix, on the crust itself. Roll the extra edges over the stuffing and press down onto the wet crust to form an edge. The moisture will help to seal the edge to the crust and form a stuffed crust.
- Spread the hummus evenly over the surface of the pizza. Lay the pieces of red pepper over the hummus and then layer the spinach on top. Next, lay the pieces of cooked chicken breast onto the spinach layer and then evenly spread the cheese over the pizza. Finally sprinkle with the Parmesan. Squeeze a thin drizzle of the ranch dressing over the top of the Parmesan. With a pastry brush or finger, rub the crust thinly with olive oil and with the cut edge down, rub with the garlic clove halves.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 18-23 minutes, or until the crust is golden and cooked through.