Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, quick and filling. Great on a cold fall or winter night.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large skillet, fry sausage until pink color dissappers.
- Add onions and green pepper.
- Cook slowly for 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve with a green salad and rolls.
This is a dish that requires very little prep work and it gets you in and out of the kitchen in a flash. The flavor was fantastic. I know I'll be making this a lot more in the future. Thanks for such a simple and flavorful recipe!
Great recipe. Next time I will cut back the chili powder. It was just a tad too potent. Loved it otherwise. Thanks :)
Just the kind of recipe I like for busy weekends - quick, easy, add a green salad and you have a good tasting meal on the table. Next time around - and there will be a next time I will do as Java and use one cup of the sour cream and just maybe have precooked pasta on hand as I do for many of my quick weekend supper recipes. Loved the chili powder! Thank you for sharing. A thank you recipe for the spring PAC.