Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got in from a recipe community book. Haven't tried it yet but will soon.
- 1 loaf French bread (large)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 12 slices American cheese
- salt and pepper
- Brown and drain ground beef. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice French bread in half and then cut each half in half the long way-- for 4 pieces; place on a cookie sheet. Lightly butter the bread; place slices of cheese on top.
- Add the ground beef. Spoon tomato sauce on top. Next add orgegano, lightly followed by chopped green onions.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until heated through.
This is so easy and good for a no-stress supper. As I didn't want to go to the store I used a loaf of frozen bread dough, thawed and baded. As this is smaller than the french bread I only used four slices of cheese and I also used basil insead of oregano - so easy and so good. Thanks for sharing this keeper!