Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious and easy chicken recipe
Make and share this Rancho-Curry Chicken With Lemon-Mint Yogurt recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g chicken breast, cubed
- 236.59 ml green chili sauce
- 29.58-44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
For Lemon-Mint Yogurt
- 1 large cucumber (2 if they are small)
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt
- 2-3 sprig of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- For chicken: 1. Pat dry chicken with paper towel and season with salt and peper before frying in a large saucepan or wok.
- 2. Heat oil on medium-high then add chicken. Cook until meat is completely white. Transfer to a plate.
- 3. Add onions and fry till they are fully translucent, even a little brown. Then add garlic and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add a little bit of water if ingredients are sticking to the pan. Transfer chicken back to the saucepan and fry until meat is browned.
- 4. Add the sauce and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until the gravy is no longer watery. Add tomatoes and curry powder, saute for about 5 more minutes.
- For Yogurt: 1. Shred cucumber(s) into a bowl.
- 2. Add rest of ingredients and mix.
- You can also serve with pita bread or chappatis/roti. I added refried beans and baby carrots as sides for an added kick!