Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious and easy chicken recipe
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup green chili sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
For Lemon-Mint Yogurt
- 1 large cucumber (2 if they are small)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 -3 sprigs of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- For chicken: 1. Pat dry chicken with paper towel and season with salt and peper before frying in a large saucepan or wok.
- 2. Heat oil on medium-high then add chicken. Cook until meat is completely white. Transfer to a plate.
- 3. Add onions and fry till they are fully translucent, even a little brown. Then add garlic and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add a little bit of water if ingredients are sticking to the pan. Transfer chicken back to the saucepan and fry until meat is browned.
- 4. Add the sauce and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until the gravy is no longer watery. Add tomatoes and curry powder, saute for about 5 more minutes.
- For Yogurt: 1. Shred cucumber(s) into a bowl.
- 2. Add rest of ingredients and mix.
- You can also serve with pita bread or chappatis/roti. I added refried beans and baby carrots as sides for an added kick!