Recipe by MackinacBride
Another recipe from my family recipe book I received as a wedding present. I haven't made this yet, but it sounds perfect for a cold day or football sunday!!
Top Review by ijlarsen
This is a good starter recipe. I substited pinto beans (drained) for the kidney beans and added about 2 cloves of garlic. I also deleted the butter. The recipe was a little bit sweet, but very tasty. I might try using only half the brown sugar next time and using a whole tablespoon of Worcestershire. Thanks for the recipe!!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (4 1/16 ounce) can green chilies, chopped