Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This would be perfect for a light meal. Recipe is from an old cookbook. Prep time includes letting the quiche stand.
- 1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Cook the bacon until crisp.
- Cool slightly and crumble.
- Combine the bacon, onion, cheese and peppers in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the bacon mixture in the pastry shell.
- Beat eggs.
- Add half and half, lemon pepper and mustard.
- Mix well and pour over bacon mixture.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Note: if the pastry shell begins to get too brown, cover the edges with foil.
Another good recipe. The texture was light and creamy. Picky DH told me to save the leftovers for his lunch. I substituted the half-and-half with fat free half-and-half because that's what I had on hand.