Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A hearty all in one pan breakfast/brunch dish. The dish calls for one cheese and bacon, but you could use ham or sausage and whatever type of cheese you like, if you want it spicy, add red pepper ect., be creative!! This recipe is from Sargento.com.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups hash brown potatoes, refrigerated and shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Combine eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in cheese, onion, pepper and bacon. Pour into a greased 9-in pie plate. Toss potatoes with salt and pepper; sprinkle over egg mixture. Drizzle butter over the potatoes; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minuites or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
This was great for our weekly 'breakfast for dinner' night! Made as written except used frozen hash browns that I left defrost in a colander over the sink. The only criticism my Wisconsin-raised husband had was it could use more cheese...go figure. :) Will add some to the top next time a few minutes before it is ready to come out of the oven. Made for Cookbook Tag.
I made this for Christmas breakfast and everyone really enjoyed it. It was nice and easy to put together. Instead of montery jack cheese I used old cheddar. Thanks for a great recipe.
We really enjoyed this! I put this together the night before (except for the bacon) and popped it in the oven in the morning. Delicious! Great flavor with just the right combination of veggies. I do think that the veggies are a must in this recipe! Thanks diner! I will make this again! Made for Potluck Tag