Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great wrap to have for breakfast or brunch! Also nice for a different dinner idea!
- 1⁄2 cup refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 flour tortilla (10-11inch)
- 2 eggs
- 5 -6 jalapenos, slices (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Mix together beans, half the salsa, cilantro, oregano, cumin and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Spread over tortilla, leaving at least a 1" space around the edge.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and set aside.
- Beat eggs lightly in a small bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in small skillet; cook eggs and scramble until they just become firm; add rest of salsa, and jalapeno slices and cook about 30 seconds more; remove from heat.
- Microwave tortilla on microwavable plate on high power just until cheese melts (time may vary).
- Pour eggs on tortilla and roll up, burrito-style; serve immediately.
This is a nice wrap, Sue. I added some chopped onion, minced garlic, and a shake or two of chili powder to the eggs. We had these for dinner and one was quite filling. I served with a fresh salsa for dipping. Very hearty and the assembly was easy. Thanks.
Yummy! We love eggs and refried bean wraps, so the combo was perfect for us! I used fat-free vegetarian-style refried beans and added salsa to them as directed, but instead of adding salsa to the eggs, I used some fresh pico de gallo I had made earlier. I also had a 4 blend Mexican-style cheese blend on hand, so used that for the cheese. I omitted the salt and used non-stick cooking spray for the pan to cook the eggs in. Lovely! Thanks for sharing!