1/2 Photos of Ranchero Shepherd's Pie
Doing it Right's Note:
This is a tried and true recipe that I make over and over again This recipe is from Joanna Lund. I love her recipes. This is a meal that even a man would love. This can be frozen and it is only 193 calories per serving. Diabetic exchanges are: 1 1/2 Protein, 1 1/2 Vegetable and 1 Starch. Only 544 mg of Sodium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey or 8 ounces beef
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup tomato sauce (one 8 ounce can)
- 1 tablespoon brown Sugar Twin
- 1 cup French style green bean, rinsed and drained (one 16-ounce can)
- 3/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (3 ounces)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups instant potato flakes (4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown meat.
- 4Stir in salsa, tomato sauce and brown sugar twin.
- 5Add green beans and half of the cheddar cheese.
- 6Mix well to combine.
- 7Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- 8In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Stir in potato flakes and dry milk powder.
- 11Add yogurt, parsley flakes, chili seasoning, black pepper and remaining cheddar cheese.
- 12Mix gently with a fork.
- 13Spread potato mixture evenly over meat mixture.
- 14Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 15Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- 16Divide into 6 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranchero Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.5
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 598.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown Sugar Twin
chili seasoning mix