- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups canned chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add next 6 ingredients and sauté until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and tomato sauce and cook until sauce thickens and reduces to 1 1/2 cups, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in cilantro.