- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the green pepper, onion, garlic and jalapenos; sauté for 3 minutes, stirring constantly so that the garlic does not brown and become bitter.
- Add the tomato paste, broth, salt and pepper. Whisk to incorporate into a smooth sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour over your favorite burritos to make 'wet burritos'.