This recipe is super-easy and great reheated. The casserole works well as either a main entree or a side dish. It's always been a big hit at family gatherings and work potlucks. I included the chicken in the ingredient list, but I've always left it out. (cook time includes time to prepare the spanish rice)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (7 5/8 ounce) packages Spanish rice
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed, seperated
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and seperated
- 1 cup italian plum tomato, chopped
- 4 ounces shredded mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 3 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare Spanish rice as directed on package.
- 2In large bowl, combine cooked rice, chicken, sour cream, chilis, and half of beans and half of corn; mix well.
- 3Spread mixture evenly in sprayed dish and top with remaining beans, remaining corn, tomatoes an cheese.
- 4Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranchero Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 172.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: