Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is super-easy and great reheated. The casserole works well as either a main entree or a side dish. It's always been a big hit at family gatherings and work potlucks. I included the chicken in the ingredient list, but I've always left it out. (cook time includes time to prepare the spanish rice)
- 2 (7 5/8 ounce) packages Spanish rice
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed, seperated
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and seperated
- 1 cup italian plum tomato, chopped
- 4 ounces shredded mexican cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 3 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare Spanish rice as directed on package.
- In large bowl, combine cooked rice, chicken, sour cream, chilis, and half of beans and half of corn; mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly in sprayed dish and top with remaining beans, remaining corn, tomatoes an cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.