Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Adapted from Woman's Day. Serve with warm corn tortillas and slices of avocado.
- 1 (14 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 1⁄2 lbs bone-in pork shoulder, well trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix cooking sauce and chiles in a 4-qt or larger slow-cooker. Add pork; spoon sauce over top. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until pork is very tender.
- At least 20 minutes before serving, toss onion slices with lime juice in a medium bowl. Let stand, tossing once or twice until slightly wilted.
- Remove pork to a cutting board. Stir cilantro into mixture in slow-cooker. Break pork into bite-size chunks with a wooden spoon and return to cooker; stir to mix.
- To serve: Spoon pork mixture on warmed tortillas, top with marinated onions, fold and eat.