Top Review by Beverly A.
THIS IS A KEEPER! I am currently trying the weight watchers flex program to lose a little (okay - more than a little!) and was looking for a filling, low points breakfast. To lower the fat content, I used fat free refried beans and salsa, replaced one of the eggs with two egg whites, and used 50% reduced fat cheddar cheese. I warmed the beans and salsa mixture in the micro to shorten time and lessen messy pans. It turned out great - very filling and a change from the usual breakfasts. My calculation is 5 points made this way. THANKS FOR A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup salsa, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan over low heat, stir together beans and 2 tablespoons of the salsa. Heat and stir thoroughly.
- In small bowl, beat together eggs and water. Coat a 7 to 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture.
- With an inverted pancake turner, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach hot pan surface. Cook until top is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains.
- Spread hot bean mixture down center of omelet. Sprinkle with cheese. With pancake turner, fold sides of omelet over beans and cheese. Slide onto plate and pour remaining salsa on top.