Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another quick and easy cheesy macaroni side dish from Campbell's Soup.
- 3 (10 ounce) cans condensed mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Mix everything but the chips in a large mixing bowl.
- Turn into a greased 3 quart casserole dish or 9x13" pan and bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Stir and sprinkle chips over top before returning to oven and baking for another 5 minutes.
- Serves 8 as a main dish or 12 as a side dish.
Made this but the recipe I have says only 1 can of cr. of mushroom soup. It was drier that way, but tha's a personal pref. - also used no fat milk, Pace Chunky Mild salsa and 2 cups of cheddar/jack blend cheese because thats what I had. Also added less than 1 lb of browned ground sirloin for the meat eaters. Next time I will try wheat elbows, and fat free soup. This seems like a recipe that you can try different things and still get a good easy meal for a busy night. I was asked to keep the recipe so that's a good sign.