Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am always on the lookout for those quick and easy side dishes to serve during the week. This is a great recipe for those of us who have full time job, then go home to our second job....cheif cook and bottle washer. Great for all those students out there also!!!!
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jarsliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 (12 ounce) cans mexicorn, drained (corn mixed with sweet peppers)
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Fry the bacon in skillet until almost crisp, then drain off drippings.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and saute until onions are tender.
- Add the corn and heat through completely.
- Turn heat to very low, sprinkle cheese on top, and heat until cheese is melted (do not stir).
- The cheese will only take a couple of minutes to melt.
Great side dish with enchiladas. Very simple and very tasty. The only thing I did differently was to use fresh mushrooms just because I had a few leftovers. Thanks, Jellyqueen.
This is a great side dish. I have fixed it several times. We love it! Thanks!!
This was very easy and very good. I took it to a potluck dinner last night and it was a big hit. It's almost like a macaroni and cheese type dish, like a comfort food. I will make this again. Thanks for posting!