Lots of chicken fried steak recipes out there but it's the ranch dressing mix ingredient in this recipe that makes for a great tasting flavor in the breading. I also like this recipe because it calls for cube steak; a cut of meat that is inexpensive yet I have trouble finding recipes on s variety of ways to prepare it. Great for those busy weeknight dinners when you have to have dinner on the table in a flash. I bread my meat the night before and refrigerate, to save some time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large Ziploc bag, combine the flour, 1 dressing packet mix, salt and pepper.
- 2In a shallow baking dish, combine 2 cups of buttermilk, beaten egg and 1 dressing packet mix; soak cube steaks in mixture.
- 3While steaks are soaking, make the gravy: in a small pot, combine 1 cup buttermilk, broth and dry graving mix; simmer over medium heat and stir well and keep warm.
- 4One by one, add each steak into Ziploc bag and shake to coat; dip steak back again in buttermilk mixture and recoat and shake in Ziploc bag.
- 5In a deep skillet, heat 1/2 inch of oil to 350 degrees; fry steaks for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- 6Drain on paper towels; serve with gravy and side dishes.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranchero Chicken Fried Steak W/Country Style Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 935.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry ranch dressing mix