Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lots of chicken fried steak recipes out there but it's the ranch dressing mix ingredient in this recipe that makes for a great tasting flavor in the breading. I also like this recipe because it calls for cube steak; a cut of meat that is inexpensive yet I have trouble finding recipes on s variety of ways to prepare it. Great for those busy weeknight dinners when you have to have dinner on the table in a flash. I bread my meat the night before and refrigerate, to save some time.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the flour, 1 dressing packet mix, salt and pepper.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine 2 cups of buttermilk, beaten egg and 1 dressing packet mix; soak cube steaks in mixture.
- While steaks are soaking, make the gravy: in a small pot, combine 1 cup buttermilk, broth and dry graving mix; simmer over medium heat and stir well and keep warm.
- One by one, add each steak into Ziploc bag and shake to coat; dip steak back again in buttermilk mixture and recoat and shake in Ziploc bag.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1/2 inch of oil to 350 degrees; fry steaks for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels; serve with gravy and side dishes.
This was a hit at our house!
This is truely the best I have ever had!