Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This catfish sounds really yummy and easy to make.
- 4 catfish fillets
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips (crumb size)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup salsa
- chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Cut each catfish fillet in half, rinse in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix crushed tortilla chips and chili powder in a shallow dish or on a piece of waxed paper.
- mix lime juice and oil in another shallow dish.
- Dip catfish in the lime mixture, then immediately dredge in the seasoned tortilla crumbs to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle catfish with any remaining tortilla crumbs.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp and golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Warm salsa in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Arrange catfish on serving plates and spoon salsa across the center.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve.
Very good fish that we had with baked potatoes and tossed salad. Thanks Barb for sharing!
I liked this recipe very much. It was a breeze to make. I did make some changes. I added a little crushed, dried red and green bell pepper (for some color),and dried cilantro to the tortilla chip mixture. I omitted the fresh cilantro. Delicious! Thanks Barb.