Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My boyfriend's mom gave me this recipe 30 years ago.He's not in the picture anymore but the recipe still is!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Mix all ingredients and shape into meatballs.
- Brown in oil.
- Add envelope of onion soup mix and 1 C.
- Simmer 45 minutes.
- If needed, thicken with tablespoon of flour and 1 T.
- water, mixed together.
- Serve over rice.
These meatballs were falling apart tender and flavorful! I served them over mashed potatoes instead of the rice, and I did thicken the gravy up a bit, as suggested. Very easy & tasty recipe, and I will make it again. Thanks, Paki A!
OH MY GOSH, this is so delicious!!!!!!!!!
i fixed this for our dinner tonight. and while i was making this i thought that the small amount of bread crumbs didn't seem quite right, but i went ahead with the recipe anyway.well as i started to fry the meatballs,they just fell apart and i ended up with sort of a sloppy joe type stuff.if i make this again,i will be sure to add more breadcrumbs to firm up the meat mixture.wish i could have given this a higher rating.