Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Haven't made this yet but it sounds perfect for a hot summer night ! Recipe from Hidden Valley. Prep time does not include 1 hour chilling.
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup bottled ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 large fresh tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients, except tomatoes, and chill 1 hour.
- Core tomatoes and scoop out centers to remove seeds and flesh.
- Slice each tomato into 5-6 wedges without cutting through the bottom.
- Gently open up the tomatoes and top with the tuna mixture.
Lorac, When I found this recipe, I couldn't wait to try it. It sounded good and looked good, but I was somehow disappointed with the end results. Lorac, I certainly hope you won't hold it against me, that I wasn't able to give this recipe more than the one star. I am however pleased to see the others here enjoyed the salad. Anyway, I do want to thank you for posting the recipe!
It's been very hot here, and this was just the ticket for a no-cook meal this week. I used black beans instead of kidney beans because (1) they are my favorite and (2) that's what I had on hand. ;-) I was tempted to add salt and pepper, but it's not needed with the ranch dressing.
This was excellent! I made it a day before and let it sit in the fridge overnight. At first, I thought it would be too wet from all of the Ranch but it was perfect. I used white kidney beans and they were a great twist. I would have never thought to add any of these things to tuna but it all went very well together. Thanks so much for posting and PLEASE get better soon!