Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Quick and easy.Sour cream and dry ranch dressing mix, then add cheese and as many toppings as you like. You may add chopped cooked chicken, turkey or diced cooked ham if you wish, but this is a good meatless meal! Let your creative side out!
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 ounces hidden valley dry ranch dressing mix
- 3 ounces diced mild green chilies
- 2 -3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese or 2 -3 cups combination colby-monterey jack cheese
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium mixing bowl add sour cream and dry ranch dressing mix, mix and set aside for flavors to blend. About 10 minutes.
- In large gallon zip lock bag add half of the thawed tator tots and half of the dressing sour cream mix. Close bag and shake, shake, shake.
- Spray pam on entire baking sheet.
- Pour out on one half of a large baking sheet with short raised sides.
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Add the other half of thawed tator tots, and dressing sour cream mixture, close bag and shake, shake, shake.
- Pour out on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Take out of oven. Turn over tots. Bake ten minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese and undrained mild diced green chilies.
- Cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve from baking tray with spatula.
- Note: You may add chopped tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, chopped anchovies, chopped onions. You may also add chopped meat. But this is a "kid friendly" recipe and most children cannot eat "very spicy" or salty foods yet.