Montana Heart Song's Note:
Quick and easy.Sour cream and dry ranch dressing mix, then add cheese and as many toppings as you like. You may add chopped cooked chicken, turkey or diced cooked ham if you wish, but this is a good meatless meal! Let your creative side out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium mixing bowl add sour cream and dry ranch dressing mix, mix and set aside for flavors to blend. About 10 minutes.
- 2In large gallon zip lock bag add half of the thawed tator tots and half of the dressing sour cream mix. Close bag and shake, shake, shake.
- 3Spray pam on entire baking sheet.
- 4Pour out on one half of a large baking sheet with short raised sides.
- 5Preheat oven to 425*.
- 6Add the other half of thawed tator tots, and dressing sour cream mixture, close bag and shake, shake, shake.
- 7Pour out on the other half of the baking sheet.
- 8Bake 10 minutes. Take out of oven. Turn over tots. Bake ten minutes.
- 9Sprinkle cheese and undrained mild diced green chilies.
- 10Cook until cheese is melted.
- 11Serve from baking tray with spatula.
- 12Note: You may add chopped tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, chopped anchovies, chopped onions. You may also add chopped meat. But this is a "kid friendly" recipe and most children cannot eat "very spicy" or salty foods yet.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch Tots With Cheese & Chilies
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.7
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 1448.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry ranch dressing mix