Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been cooking venison and elk meat for many years. This is a favorite.
- 4 venison steak
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pound steaks on both sides.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dust with flour.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet with tight fitting lid.
- Brown steaks on both sides.
- Add soup mix, water, and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Inez - you have done it again. I am always looking for new venison recipies and this was wonderful. BF loved it too.
Delicious! This was so easy to prepare, and smelled so good as it cooked. I used mushroom/onion soup mix, cause I had it on hand. Very tender, good taste, whole family loved it! Thanks!
One of my go-to Venison recipes. I add a little more water to I have plenty of gravy once it's cooked down, and flip half-way through cooking. Great with mashed potatoes.