Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was an experiment that worked right the first time. I'm still amazed.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (Throw away the 'flavor pack',92-97% Sodium, you have enough SODIUM in your life without adding this!)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (Try Mirj's Homemade Ranch Dressing it's great)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (Jalapeno Jack works well too)
- Put a large sauce pan, half full of water on to boil.
- Set a medium sized stainless mixing bowl on the sauce pan (double boiler).
- In a small pan cook the Ramen, Drain.
- Place the noodles in the s/s bowl.
- mix in the Dressing and Cheese.
- Stir continuously.
- ***WARNING*** BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL REGARDING THE STEAM!
- WEAR A COOKING MITT TO HOLD THE MIXING BOWL!
- When the cheese is throughly melted, serve immediately.
- Goes well with a garden salad or coleslaw, fresh bread sticks, and a nice Chianti.
My husband heard this and was sold. He made it immediately without waiting for a double boiler. Thank goodness for nonstick. I actually liked it and I didn't think I would. It is really rich. If you like ranch doritos, this is for you.
I'm rating this on behalf of my three year-old daughter, who really enjoyed the combination of noodles, cheese, and her favorite, ranch dressing. I tasted it and thought it was way too much ranch, but then again I'm not the huge ranch lover that she is. ;) I have a feeling we'll be making "noodles and ranch dip", as she called it, many times when in need of a quick lunch for her. Thanks for sharing!
It isn't bad, very rich, It tastes just like you would think it would cheesy and ranchy. I think next time I will stick to my ramen noodles and squeeze cheese though, its easier to get the cheese smooth and melted and I'm not sure I like all the ranch dressing with the noodles.