Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my original recipe and was featured in a scaled-down version in Taste of Home's "Cooking for 2" Fall 2005 magazine.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground pork
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon course-ground pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- lettuce leaf
- tomatoes, sliced
- Prepare outdoor grill - this method renders the best tasting pork burger, but I've also successfully cooked these burgers in a large, preheated skillet over medium heat.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine pork, dressing mix, onion and pepper. Shape into 4 patties, approximately 1/2" to 3/4" in thickness. Note: I think it's best to patty burgers on the thinner side because they "shrink" when you cook them, no matter what method of cooking you use.
- Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes per side. Top each patty with a Swiss cheese slice; cover and grill just until cheese begins to melt (just a minute or two).
- Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato, if desired.