Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. With 5 kids who love mac-n-cheese, tacos, and cereal, I am constantly reinventing traditional meals to have the nutrition they need and the taste they like. Key ingredients make this a HIT for children. Add the great taste of Ranch dressing and there won't be any leftovers.
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked macaroni noodles
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small green pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Mix everything EXCEPT meat well together. Fold in meat until mixed, but don't over do it. You don't want to mix to much or it will be tough to eat and not as moist.
- 3. Place in oblong shaped bread pan. It should be about 2/3 full. Bake in oven on middle rack for about 30-45 minutes, depending on oven.
What a great meatloaf! The only changes I made were I used all beef (couldn't find ground pork) and added an extra minced garlic clove. It was full of flavor and moist. Even if you don't like Ranch dressing, do try this--you don't taste it specifically--all the ingredients just blend together beautifully to produce one tasty entree. While this would be good even without the macaroni (I used elbows), I don't recommend skipping it. It may mean an extra step and a few more dishes, but will make your meatloaf "stretch", and besides, it's just plain FUN! I boiled extra and made macaroni and cheese to go along with it, and our "comfort food" meal was a success. Thanks for sharing!