Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
WONDERFUL dish everyone in my family loves! This is one of those recipes taht we keep eating long after we're full just because it's so good! Adapted from Mable Hoffman's Potluck cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed & drained
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (I always use light)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy prepared ranch dressing (I always use light)
- 1 cup milk (I always use skim)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix (Bisquick light is my choice!) or 2 cups Bisquick (Bisquick light is my choice!)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook beef in a skillet, stirring to break up. Cook until no longer pink. Stir into 8x8 or 9x13 casserole (depending on how thick you like -- I use 8x8). Top with tomatoes and then broccoli.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream and dressing. Dollup over broccoli. Gently spread dollups together to cover broccoli.
- Whisk together milk, egg & baking mix. Pour evenly over contents of casserole.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.