Prep 20 mins
Cook 720 hrs
WONDERFUL dish everyone in my family loves! This is one of those recipes taht we keep eating long after we're full just because it's so good! Adapted from Mable Hoffman's Potluck cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed & drained
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (I always use light)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy prepared ranch dressing (I always use light)
- 1 cup milk (I always use skim)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix (Bisquick light is my choice!) or 2 cups Bisquick (Bisquick light is my choice!)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook beef in a skillet, stirring to break up. Cook until no longer pink. Stir into 8x8 or 9x13 casserole (depending on how thick you like -- I use 8x8). Top with tomatoes and then broccoli.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream and dressing. Dollup over broccoli. Gently spread dollups together to cover broccoli.
- Whisk together milk, egg & baking mix. Pour evenly over contents of casserole.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
This was pretty good although we didn't much care for the Broccoli in it. Thanks for sharing!
I really liked the taste of the casserole, but feel that it would probably be better if the ranch/sour cream mixture was mixed with the cooked ground beef and broccoli instead of layered. The reason I'm saying that is because the layers didn't blend together in the pieces on the edge of the casserole. I also feel that the broccoli could have been partially cooked before adding it to the casserole, but perhaps that's because I used fresh broccoli. This is a recipe that I'll be making again. Thank you so much for posting it.