720 hrs 20 mins
WONDERFUL dish everyone in my family loves! This is one of those recipes taht we keep eating long after we're full just because it's so good! Adapted from Mable Hoffman's Potluck cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed & drained
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (I always use light)
- 1/2 cup creamy prepared ranch dressing (I always use light)
- 1 cup milk (I always use skim)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix (Bisquick light is my choice!) or 2 cups Bisquick (Bisquick light is my choice!)
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Cook beef in a skillet, stirring to break up. Cook until no longer pink. Stir into 8x8 or 9x13 casserole (depending on how thick you like -- I use 8x8). Top with tomatoes and then broccoli.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream and dressing. Dollup over broccoli. Gently spread dollups together to cover broccoli.
- 4Whisk together milk, egg & baking mix. Pour evenly over contents of casserole.
- 5Bake 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch-Style Family Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.1
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 155.5 mg
- Sodium 949.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 36.3 g