Recipe by LillyZackMom
WONDERFUL dish everyone in my family LOVES. I got it from Mable Hoffman's Potluck book, and personalized it for my family. I love making this because both DH & I love it, as do our 2 small children!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed & drained
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (I use light)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy prepared ranch salad dressing (I use light)
- 1 cup milk (I use skim)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Bisquick (I use light) or 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Cook beef throughly in a non-stick skillet, stirring to break up. Spoon into 9x13 or 8x8 (depending on if you want deep dish or thinner style casserole). Top with tomatoes and then broccoli.
- Combine the cheese, sour cream, and dressing in a small bowl. Dollup over broccoli.
- Whisk together milk, egg, and Bisquick. Pour evenly over contents of baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.