Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 lbs round steak .5 inch thick
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons fat
- 4 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 quart milk
- Tenderize round steak.
- Dip in milk and then flour, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry in deep fat at approcimately 375 Degrees F. until golden brown.
- After steak is done, pour off fat leaving about 4 T in pan.
- Add 4 T flour.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add 1 qt milk.
- Stir and cook until until thickened for steak gravy.
How can you go wrong with this? It was simple to prepare and straight-forward comfort food.
I chose this recipe to make in our Adopted Recipe Swap #2. I did substitute cube steak as that was what I had on hand. My family thought the recipe was delicious as written. It was easy to prepare and came together very quickly. I served this with biscuits and roasted potatoes. Very yummy!