Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A neat twist on that perennial party favorite. From the Chex website.
- 9 cups Chex cereal (any kind, any combination)
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted (don't use spread or tub products)
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Mix dry ingredients in large resealable plastic food-storage bag.
- Add remaining ingredients and seal bag.
- Shake until well mixed.
We didn't really go for this, too much parmesan or something. Sorry
What an excellent and quick way for chex mix! The flavor is more bland than the original but also has less fat! Thank you for sharing!
These turned out tasty, though I had distribution problems and the bag got gloppy (I know, not a real word but it fits so nicely). I would make this again, but next time would probably mix in a large bowl and then transfer to a large zip lock bag. I really appreciate this recipe as I like chex mix, but hate the fat, sodium and unnatural ingredients in the boxed stuff. The ranch mix itself is probably not that healthy, but I used all multigrain, organic and natural ingredients for the rest of it. Thank for sharing, we enjoyed snacking on this during our recent road trip.